Sunday, July 19, 2009

Cyborgestapo

So Tiger Assault Pageant is going very well. Josh and I are making some headway with the music. Tomorrow we're getting our friend Ryan Peters to come on down to Toronto to discuss some stuff, maybe get some of his input into what we already have. Ryan's a totally sweet dude, he'll be doing the bass on some tracks, probably helping us out with some of the vocals (me and Josh are not great singers, but we're doing it anyway), and probably helping us write some shit. I'm seriously not just saying this because he's one of the only people who reads my blog, he's a cool dude. We're going to be recording at his sweet ass music room (where his family is kind enough to let me do not one but several murals including the likes of Chick Corea and Bob Dylan).

Anyway, I've been making extremely slow headway on the comic. Its not even that the drawings are taking me a long time. I'm just a lazy ass. So without further ado, here are the first two frames of out first song (which will be a sort of Beastie Boys/Rage Against the Machine-ish fuck rap) Cyborgestapo. At this point in the story the Cyborgs bust into a compound, where tigers like to chill and drink fo'ties, so they can abduct them and experiment on them. Sometimes cyborgs do stupid shit. Anyway, this is really a song where Patrock (one of the main characters) gets to shine. I'm pretty pumped for this song, I wrote most of the lyrics after going through a hilarious but terrible first draft with Josh. I think we're pretty happy with them now. A lot of this song relies on Ryan's input though, the bass being really important and he being a stellar bassist.

The frames are done in a more comic-y style. We're thinking of doing a slightly different art style for each song, since each song will have a completely different music style.


No comments:

Post a Comment