Thursday, September 1, 2011

It's about damn time!

So, sometimes I'm lazy. Sometimes I forget about things. Sometimes I don't end up putting a piece up here because it's shitty, and sometimes it won't stop being shitty no matter how many times I seem to attempt it. This is the final result for a set I've been meaning to do for quite a while. Firstly because I needed practice doing quick variants (there's about 3 hours of total work on this piece). Secondly because I needed to finally fucking render these guys for the benefit of my D&D group.

The group I play with on a regular basis during the school year have, on quite a few occasions, found themselves faced with Gigas, a large-sized demon-creature. I've described them to the party at length, but I'e been meaning to actually DRAW them for a while; and while all the iterations from my sketchbook were good enough for a while, every time I would try and sit down to render them out I got frustrated and upset with the results. This time I actually like where the piece went. Influences include: DOOM (specifically the enemy called Mancubus), Final Fantasy XII (with the enemy of the same name), Shadow of the Colossus (as always) and a few other things. Hope you like 'em.

No comments:

Post a Comment